Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 09-24-2008, 07:39 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2134 View Post
Why would she want it back if its not working? Seems odd. I know of people around here who purposely break stuff so people will stay out of their trash piles. Moronic behavior but it happens.

The GE has the same knobs as my portacolor, FWIW.
I have also known people that will tear something up just to keep someone else from getting any good out of it. My mother has been known to do it. In her mind, when she puts something in the trash -- it's garbage. If she meant for someone to have the item; she'd give it to them. She does not like it when I ask her to stop the car so I can pick-up something. She says I embarrass her by going through someone's trash. Well, it does not embarrass me in the least. If it's out for the trash, it's fair game. I've had very few people want their old broken TV back. Every now and then, someone will pitch a fit wanting their broken TV back. They probably have the idea that I'm lying to them when I tell them it's not worth repairing. They just think I want to beat them out of their set so I can fix it and sell it for big $. I remember this one lady who brought me some POS off brand, roach infested 19" B&W TV for repair. It had multiple problems and I told her it wasn't worth repairing. When I offered to trash it for her, she pitched a major fit wanting her set back. I told her to please run right over here and get her roach infested junk out of my way! I certainly didn't want it. I was just trying to do her a favor.

I think the chances are pretty slim that the woman will want this B&W set back. I think the TV shop owner was just covering his bases on the slim chance she does a flip-flop.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.