![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi...
Today & tomorrow. For the younger AKers, this is your chance to see one of the finest series ever to run on network TV. It ran from 1959-64, so its in black & white, & you will see some of Hollywood's finest as they looked when they just started out & were young pups..
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Most excellent, thanks for the heads up. During regular programming in my area through the week it's Twilight Zone then the X-Files in the wee hours of the morning.
I'm a night owl and love it! Have a safe and happy 4th!.............R1 ![]()
__________________
I'm Gonzo dammit |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Amen to that
I love the old classic "Zone". I get into the marathon every time they run it. Rod Serling was a genius and he died way too young. Russ |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
One of my faves was on at suppertime tonite-"Death's head Revisited"- Oscar Beregi made an EXCELLENT Nazi- and Joseph Schildkraut made an equally convincing Dachau inmate.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
One of my age old favorites from when I was a kid...."The Little People"
Starred Claude Akins as an astronuat when he and his fellow astronuat discover a planet populated with tiny people smaller than ants. Akins partner plays a miserable dude until he decides to "play God" to the little people by stomping on them until they build a statue in his likeness. ...of course, there is an ironic twist to the story which I won't give away in case some of ya'll have'nt seen it. Russ |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I know what I will be watching ALL night tonight. Thanks Sandy.
__________________
![]() Pioneer SX-1980/SX-1250/SX-980 X 2/SX-3700 NIB/SX-580/PL-550~ShureV15VMRLE/CTF-500 X 2/RT-707/SG-9800/HPM-100(200w)/DT-500 Teac X2000R/R-919X Sony CDP-C725/DVP-CX777ES Adcom ACE-515/GDA-600 DAC BIC FM-10 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Always liked the one with Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I love TZ too, but on Sci-Fi its more like a commercial marathon interrupted with short clips of the show...
__________________
My original compositions on my podcast |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Two"- Yeah, that was another good one. Another couple I liked were "A Hundred Yards Over the Rim", where California settlers from 1847 find themselves in 1961, & "Eye of the Beholder", where a VERY young Donna Douglas-Ellie May Clampett- has surgery to improve her looks...
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sorry Wrong Number and The Invaders was good also. Over in Chicago they have the radio version of the Twilight Zone on WGN radio 720 at midnight on Sunday. They show the Twilight Zone every night on MeTV channel 23.
__________________
Main system: Pioneer SX 950 & Realistic STA 2100 Aiwa AD F770 and AD F660, Sony PS-T25 turntable, Pioneer CLD-5201 Laserdisk as a CD player, Denon DCM 360, Realistic 10- band EQ, Akai GX 4000D, Velodyne SA-101, Minimus 7, Baby Advents, Pioneer CS-88A speakers. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Now I wish I had cable....
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
To serve man is coming up this afternoon.
__________________
mcintosh ma-230 empire 698 pioneer rt-909 magneplaner mgIIa MIT Zcenter |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
an you shot me down for using a sony optiva camera from the early 90's.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
The single creepiest TV ep evar! Telly Savalas in "Living Doll"
"my name is Talky Tina, and I don't think I like you" I STILL get the creeps when I even THINK about this episode. it was remade later for Night Gallery
__________________
Marantz 2245 Rcvr Marantz 6110/AT120E TT Pioneer PL-7/AT130E TT Dynaco A-25 Spkr - Sansui SP-2000 Spkr Realistic Mach One Spkr Cerwin Vega SW12-B Sub :music: |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
The voice of Talky Tina was June Foray, a veteran voice actress. IIRC, she was Rocky on "Rocky & Bullwinkle". "My name is Talky Tina an' I'm gonna KILL you...."
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|