Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #631  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:09 AM
krazyknuc's Avatar
krazyknuc krazyknuc is offline
krazyknuc
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7
I recently watched a Japanese "Shock" Feature: The Machine Girl.
Downloaded it from bitcomet.
The blood and guts are so graphic it's comical.
Definite cult hit.
__________________
Belles Model 1 Amp & XLM Pre,Pioneer TX 9500,Technics SL-1300 w/Shure M98,IMF Professional Monitors Mk3,Rotel RCD-02
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 AM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Shattered starring Pierce Brosnan. Not to be confused with the 1989 "Shattered", starring Tom berringer.


A really interesting movie.
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
Our kids rented a couple of movies last weekend and my wife and I watched them before they had to be returned:

BEOWOLF: 3 stars out of 5. Pretty darn good, all things considered.

THE ILLUSIONIST: One of the best films I've watched in a very long time. Kind of a "chick-flick", but not totally. Edward Norton STOLE this movie, but the rest of the cast did a damn fine job. Great cinematography. Great score. Incredible directing. Incredible story. Altogether enjoyable. We liked it so much we watched it twice the same day (not back-to-back, but still..) 5 stars out of 5.
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old 06-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Just watched Derailed with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston. Nice surprise, better than I thought it would be.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 AM
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy grumpy is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 380
The bucket list. Was a little better then I figured.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #636  
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Strangeband's Avatar
Strangeband Strangeband is offline
Wizard and Ale Taster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: N.E. of Atlanta, GA
Posts: 11
Saw "The Happening" a couple of weeks ago---it was just OK.
__________________
"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." --- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old 06-27-2008, 12:14 PM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
Watched the first disc of "The War" by Ken Burns. I always enjoy his work and this one is starting out well.
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Watched Layer Cake with Daniel Craig. Pretty good.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #639  
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 AM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
Mongol

A fine arts US release (6/2008) by Russian diretor Sergei Bodrov. The story of Genghis Khan. More story than blood than one might expect. If you like the movie 300 you like this one. It has all the heart without the comic book flair.

http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/06/06/movies/06mong.html

http://www.mongolmovie.com/
Reply With Quote
  #640  
Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 AM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
Free screening of "Hancock". C to B-.

Felt like it was an origin story. I wish it had more of the origin story. Had a lot of parts I wish they expanded on. It would go from funny to serious almost to quickly for me.
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #641  
Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 AM
bpape's Avatar
bpape bpape is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wildwood, MO (St. Louis)
Posts: 5
Just watched The Bucket List last night. Pretty good flick

Bryan
__________________
I am serious.... and don't call me Shirley
Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 06-29-2008, 09:05 AM
70salesguy's Avatar
70salesguy 70salesguy is offline
Only 99 easy payments!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Close to Charlotte NC, but not TOO close!
Posts: 109
Smile You're no James Bond, yeah, well you're no Thomas Jefferson!

Charlie Wilson's War

Better than I thought it would be. I had seen a story a few months ago about the real Charlie Wilson.

As an added treat, Amy Adams was in it as well as Charlie Wilson's Administrative Assistant. I just really enjoy watching Amy Adams. I first saw her in Junebug.

If you haven't seen Junebug, it's worth viewing, IMHO.
__________________
I'm the only one that has to like the sound of my system. But if you expect to be invited back, you better say you like the sound of my system!.
Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 AM
elcoholic's Avatar
elcoholic elcoholic is offline
Lonesome LA Cowboy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fountain Valley, Ca.
Posts: 11
12 Angry Men - Incredible
__________________
... hanging out and hanging on to your window ledge calling your name from midnight until dawn

Denon, Dual, NHT, Oppo, Yamaha, B&O, Bogen, Onkyo
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 06-29-2008, 09:47 AM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcoholic View Post
12 Angry Men - Incredible
Totally agree. Excellent film.

Yesterday at walmart, I grabbed a triple-set of Anthony Hopkins movies boxed in one (Silence Of The Lambs, Bounty and Desperate Hours).
My wife and I watched DH last night. Micky Rourke chewed the scenery and poor Anthony did what he could with a stilted and rather stupid script. (Actually, the script wasn't too bad; it was Michael Cimino's hamhanded and rather self conscious and unsubtle directing that pretty much ruined it). Wasn't the worst thing I've seen, but it sure wasn't the best either. I've not seen the original Bogey/Marsh version but now that I've seen this one, I'd like to.
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablethevoice View Post
THE ILLUSIONIST: One of the best films I've watched in a very long time. Kind of a "chick-flick", but not totally. Edward Norton STOLE this movie, but the rest of the cast did a damn fine job. Great cinematography. Great score. Incredible directing. Incredible story. Altogether enjoyable. We liked it so much we watched it twice the same day (not back-to-back, but still..) 5 stars out of 5.
I liked it too.

Check out "The Prestige"; it's a hate story compared to "the Illusionist" being a love story, but also an excellent film.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.