Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
I loved B5. One thing that many people didn't know was that B5 was a planned story from beginning to end. J. Michael Stracinzsky (sp?) had the entire storyline plotted, filming the series like a massive movie seen an hour per week. Compare this to Star Trek, where the creators laid out the locale` and basic "cans and can'ts" then threw the package to the writers who created episodes which were not necessarily connected to one another. I admit my indoctrination to B5 was a bit rocky, but after maybe 3 or 4 episodes I was completely hooked.

My biggest complaint with B5 isn't the show; it was the decision to move the final season to TNT. I was never able to watch the final season, mainly because TNT couldn't decide what time and day to run it and I ended up missing them all. Prior to that, B5 was always on at the same time and the same channel. TNT ran the final season in such a slapdash and haphazard way it was impossible to keep up.

Once I finish collecting the last few seasons of MASH, I think I'm going to start on B5.

Question:
What's everyone's favorite alien species from B5?
Mine is the Narn.

B5 Trivia: Although STTNG and B5 had similar budgets, B5 was always able to place a great many extras in many of their scenes because where a lot of TNG's budget went to models and the like for space shots - leaving not too much for placing extras in whatever scenes might be needed, B5's space shots and compositing were all done on a couple of Mac computers which left a great deal of $ for makeup FX and costuming of extras.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.