Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 06-19-2008, 07:38 AM
winters860's Avatar
winters860 winters860 is offline
I am a Hot Stamper!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beautiful Ohio
Posts: 16
I'm sorry to say I got dragged to the theater to see "Lady in the Water." About halfway through, I thought I had it figured out: The twist was going to be that the movie was actually a story-within-a-story and he was making some sort of high-minded (if misguided) point about mythmaking and the creative process.

The twist wound up being that there was no twist. The "clues" I had honed in on were just painfully ham-handed movie-making. Shyamalan even wrote a juicy, extraneous part for himself as THE WRITER WHO WAS DESTINED TO SAVE THE WORLD. Who the hell greenlighted that travesty? It takes away the prize from "Event Horizon" as the worst movie I've ever paid to see in a theater. The big-budget "Godzilla" with Matthew Broderick was high entertainment by comparison. There's eight bucks and two hours I'll never get back.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.