Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
waltchan waltchan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
I think the CTC130 came out around late '85 or '86. And, yes, it did give more problems than the older RCA's. It was still a decent chassis; but, not quite as good as some of the older ones. The power supply did give trouble and I've seen some with shorted HOT's due to loose connections in the MTT tuner module. I've seen the 130 in higher end 20" sets as well as 25"/26" console and table models. The 130 was still in production when Thomson took over. To be fair, I've seen more 130's than 121's. The 121's that I saw usually needed simple repairs like connections in the tuner resoldered or shorted diodes in the power supply (probably due to lightning).
Thank you so much for this information. Any clue what was the previous chassis of the CTC-121? I guess it's made in 1979-1982. Is it any better?
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.