Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
mr_fixer's Avatar
mr_fixer mr_fixer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 605
I have found quite a few Laserdiscs over the years. This is the obsolete format that I collect. I started looking for them about 10 years ago. I though they would be more durable than tape. I guessed that since reel to reel audio tape degrades that vhs would go the same way.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
AnalogDigit's Avatar
AnalogDigit AnalogDigit is offline
Vintage rules!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 82
I still have some VHS tapes. Between my brother and I, we have five video formats in the house! VHS, Beta, Laserdisk, DVD and 8mm! We still have analog TV, no cable, use an antenna to pick up our TV stations. Don't really have a need for it. In Chicago we pick up two classic TV stations. During the weekday, I only watch Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show along with the Dick Van Dyke Show and the Honeymooners on the classic TV station.

I'm kind of leery of going into the Blue-Ray format. The way computers are changing everything, the next format might be a chip.
__________________
Main system: Pioneer SX 950 & Realistic STA 2100 Aiwa AD F770 and AD F660, Sony PS-T25 turntable, Pioneer CLD-5201 Laserdisk as a CD player, Denon DCM 360, Realistic 10- band EQ, Akai GX 4000D, Velodyne SA-101, Minimus 7, Baby Advents, Pioneer CS-88A speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
I had a bunch of RCA CED videodiscs and players, but I sold it all to a collector back in 1996. I used to work for RCA Sarnoff Labs back in the early to mid 80's, when videodisc was a current format.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Fisher-Dave's Avatar
Fisher-Dave Fisher-Dave is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Alexandria TN
Posts: 19
Don't go out of the way to collect them,but still use them and the RCA camcorder from 1994.
__________________
Stop rollin' down hill like a snowball headed for hell ! ...... stand up for the Flag and lets all ring the Liberty Bell ! ~ Merle Haggard
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-29-2008, 12:57 AM
vintagecollect's Avatar
vintagecollect vintagecollect is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 658
...
__________________
1977 Zenith Chromacolor II
A Very Modern Zenith
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 AM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
I have a pretty good-sized collection of the newest obsolete format: HD DVD. I bought my first player three days before the official debut of the format, and now it is dead, less than two years later. The discs will still play and look stunning for many years, though. I am still buying HD DVDs, at closeout prices now.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-30-2008, 01:55 AM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ayeka View Post
AMEN, BROTHER

Pioneer VSX-D1S A/V Receiver (1990) 33lbs, 130w/ch.@ 8 ohms, 0.005 THD, BASS,TRE, AND MID TONE CONTROL
That Pioneer VSX-D1S is a great receiver. I still have mine in basically new condition, original box and all.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.