Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 03-16-2008, 11:50 AM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
The Sams is usually pretty accurate on those things, so I would wonder if it's something like maybe a wrong screw (too long) in one of the rubber feet, or maybe the picture tube was replaced at one time, and the mounting band has been installed wrong so something is sticking out?

I've worked on a lot of those metal 50s portables, and it's often a hassle to get them apart. I usually have to remove the speaker first, so take a look and see if that's in the way. Wish I could be of more help, but I don't remember anything specific on the 14"ers.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.