Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 01-18-2008, 08:10 PM
mr_fixer's Avatar
mr_fixer mr_fixer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 605
I used to keep up with electronic developments in the 80's. It was exciting to see new products like VCRs, Laserdisk players, and CD players come out every few months. I think it was around 83 or 84 when CD players finally dropped to below $100 which was about all i could afford for one, i only had enough money left over to buy 2 cd's. I was surprised that i had never heard of that Sony Phantom Limited before.
There were quite a few electronics expos in Nashville. I remember one that had a home digital tape player/recorder that used VHS tapes as the recording media, I think it was a Pioneer brand. It never seemed to catch on.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.