Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 01-07-2008, 12:06 AM
karmaman's Avatar
karmaman karmaman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 137
The speaker is doing great (there's only one, mono sound). I remembered your post about the 80's Trinitron and it's one of the first things I checked when I opened it. The buzzing sound is definitely not coming from the speakers though.

Radiotvnut, I don't think it's the yoke, the noise it's making can't really be described as buzzing, it sounds more like a small motor. I attached a small MP3 file, it's recorded with my computer mic so it's not so great. Could it be a coil or maybe one of those long, white, non-electrolytic capacitors? Also what do you mean about how JVC is "proud of their parts"?

I can't attach MP3 files, so I added a link to megaupload. Don't worry, the MP3 is completely virus-free. Does it sound like it could be the flyback, or is it impossible for the flyback to do that and still work? If it's the fly, I may as well give up all hope on it right now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3I0DTB8G
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.