Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 AM
blacksmith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
This bad!


Found this old picture of my set as I got it, the melted rubber pretty much covered the entire screen, there is still some residue inside the cabinet today.

I don't think that was an original mask. I've only seen a couple, but one was still pliable, and the other one had turned to cement. If one turns rock-hard, how can another melt like that.

I would guess that the melted one was a repro that somebody made up from a material that didn't like heat.

I tested my repros with a heat gun. I got it so hot that I couldn't touch it without feeling pain, yet it did not get tacky or softer.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.