Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
I was at my local Wal-Mart supercenter today and noticed a VCR with digital tuner. So I guess some of them do sell them.

As this is $268, my mail order converter + RF converter is quite a bit cheaper for broadcast only use(which is what I have been doing).

As for scan lines, I have never noticed these except on very large screens. I did see a projection NTSC TV that was something like a 48 inch screen-it looked horrible. Also never noticed any flicker and do not see any now when comparing CRTs vs flat screens showing the same signal(easy to do at the local Wal-Mart.)

In addition, I again noticed that to me at least, the CRTs looked better for the low def signal that Wal-Mart sends to their TVs. (I do not know why the do not fork out the money for a true high def signal as Sears and Frys do).

I stil believe that when analog is turned off, people in rural areas better have an alternative way to monitor the weather(such as a weather radio) as HDTV is just like satallite, not worth a crap when the weather degrades.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.