Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #29  
Old 07-25-2007, 02:17 PM
kbmuri's Avatar
kbmuri kbmuri is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 590
I'll try reducing the generator's amplitude Friday.

One thing we know, though, is that the audio from the generator doesn't get through at the desired 65.75 MHz, regardless of its amplitude. Finally, this agrees with the fact that there's no TV-Signal audio either (assuming it's at 65.75 MHz too). Something I can grasp for a change.

Assuming the generator is AM only (I believe my 'scope bears this out), then the "lull" at 63.65 MHz is probably the dead-center point you described in post#6? If so, then is the TV mistakenly looking at 63.65 MHz for audio?

Assuming the zero-beat of the video is centered in the "black-screen" sweep, then the video and audio are only 2.85MHz apart. More likely, if the zero-beat is in fact at 61.25, then the spread is only 2.4 MHz. Not 4.5MHz.

If the TV is looking at 63.65MHz for audio, what practical steps do I take to move that up to 65.75?

I know, lotta "if"s and "assuming"s. Will verify stuff Friday. Just planning ahead.

Thanks all, for all the help to date.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.