![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I recieved my capacitor order from Allied Electronics and did a recap , cleaned the controls and checked the tubes. It's working pretty decent. It's not real good in a brightly lit room, but not bad in dim light . I think the tube woke up after i played for about a half hour as the picture got better the longer it played. There's a slight ion burn in center of the tube, and the sync is a little touchy but I'm very happy with it as is and I've only checked a few of the resistors so far so I think it will still improve once I go through them.
![]() ![]() https://vimeo.com/145944913 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice work! I've only had one of these Motorola's that had a real crisp picture on it. My current set, and others I've had, have that "sizzling" or "pie-crusting". Not bad from a distance, but up close rather low definition.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
This is the first one of these sets that i've seen play, so I'm not real sure how much to expect, It would be hard to imagine it as someone's primary tv back in the day, but I do get a kick out of watching it. I still need to pick up the Howards Golden Oak restore a finish as I think it'll work good on this one also. Thanks for that tip. rca2000 Quote: I wonder if that little set ever showed CLoumbo...during it's 'day"? LOL , The ion burn adds to his five o'clock shadow. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Yes, the Golden Oak Howards really enhanced my blonde cabinet: BTW, Columbo looks like a haggered wino with the ion burn!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|