Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 04-10-2011, 10:43 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
I recently pulled this set out for a little tuneup and thought I'd update this thread.

First off, that rubber to metal cement really did the trick. All four mounts are very securely attached now.


Next up, I removed the rust from the back, polished it up and clear coated it.


Then, I polished up the faceplate with Novus 1 & 2. I also attached a new foam surround with a little contact cement. I used it sparingly and had no problems with it attacking the old plastic.


I also finally got around to cleaning up all the grillework. That grille cloth has really faded.
It looks like the original color was green ?


Here it is all back together.
I
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.