Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Tinman's Avatar
Tinman Tinman is offline
Reel to Reel Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California.
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
I had a blast in HS too. I was lucky enough to have the 'electronics' shop class all 4 years. 1st year was house wiring. 2nd year a little tubes then all transistors. 3rd & 4th years - work on whatever you wanted. This was the early 80s though so I ended up making a 'new wave' electronic drum kit
I built my own Pay tv decoder in HS as an electric shop "project"

The thing worked GREAT!

Sometimes I miss those days. There was so much wonderment for electronics.
Fixing old TV's was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot.

Working on this digital crap with ROHS compliant boards you can't really solder on has really taken the charm out of the hobby.

There's NOTHING like a good tube set.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.