Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Bill R Bill R is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 893
Minidisc didn't actually fail. It is still in wide use in the pro/ concert touring world. You would be surprised how many bands (A acts included) use minidisc players on stage and only pretend to play their instruments. It just never had a real use in the home market.

I see people all the time buying calculators for the little tykes in school. The hand held electronic calculator hadn't even been invented when I was in grade school and amazingly we all still learned to do our math. The newest calculators can even graph the results. I had to use pencils and graph paper. I think kids got a much better education back then. I didn't need to know all about computers in school, but I did have to learn to read and comprehend what I had read. With that knowledge I could learn all about computers on my own.

I best not get started on the school system and modern teaching methods.

Bill R
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.