![]() |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
it's 11 somewhere....
Here are the chassis shots.
Both tuner tubes tested shorted (one fixed it's self so it went back in), and were dealt with. I was able to get color through cable on some channels. It is a bit wormey and the lousy focus makes it hard to ascertain how good the video is, but it seems most of the important stuff is working. ![]() Yeah, I tend to only go to the first swap day of Radiofest...The sellers and finds tend to be gone by the last day, and if I stay for the donation auction I come home with with parts and junk that I don't need....I may be moving within the year so I'm trying to cut back on that. Doug, your friend has good timing I only had it open for ~5 minutes, was there most of the time, and did not notice a picture being taken then. That is the worst Radiofest meet I can recall attending....Attendance seemed down 1/3-1/2 from previous years especially buyers who don't sell. Other years the sellers fee is felt but the sales make it worth it. I usually sell 70% of what I bring, this year I sold maybe 10%, and did not make even 2/3 of the combined membership renewal/sellers fee. I'm not going to sell there again until things return to what they were. If it were not for, seeing the guy that got me started restoring radios (and some other friends), this TV, some mastering reel tape, and seeing a pre-war Zenith TV in person, the whole meet would have been a waste to me. I was tempted to get Jim's 19" Zenith, but space concerns, having a similar set, and not having room in the car for it (that would not involve it riding on a lap) kind of prevented that. That portacolor came from Dave (deiseljeep). It had a shorted ACG pot killing the IF indirectly, that I fixed. It works okay, but could use a bit more tuning up and cosmetic work, I was and still am planning on keeping it longer getting it to look better and selling it to one of the folks that periodically pop up here ofereing a lot for one. The knob was for temporary so I could know the channel I'm on. Quote:
I don't like the interface, picture size limits (IIRC here and or ARF requires I resize my camera's files), and upload space limits of the forums I'm on(I don't want to delete my old pictures to upload more)....Not to mention the auto delete of pictures on older posts....There is nothing more annoying on an old post than needing to see a forum picture that is gone, and the user is gone or has lost it. Also I don't like that one has to log in to see forum pictures; it prevents non member lurkers from getting useful info, and cool set pictures to motivate them to get into the hobby, and the forum and some google searches log you out of old threads opened in new tabs....In short it's too clunky for me. Also as a member of a few forums it is a hell of a lot less painful to drag and drop pics/copy paste [IMG.] codes to/from photobucket than it is to learn the interface of every forum I use, and I sure as hell ain't going to go to the effort of resizing every darn photo I post or convert formats.....I'd sooner stop posting and go back to lurking. I can't afford a smart phone nor can my folks, so I don't have sympathy for those who can, and can't deal with their phones' problems. When some of my computers I've had to piece together from 10-15 year old garbage and then make work properly.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
| Audiokarma |
|
|