Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #20  
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
I graduated Syracuse U back in 1978, long before word processors. But in engineering we did have access to a "mainframe" computer, a big IBM 370something. And there were printer-terminals scattered all around the engineering buildings. I figured out that I could use the APL program editor to write letters and papers, as editing was easier than trying to use the mechanical typewriters of the day (PITA). The dot matrix printing did look like crap though. I didn't have to do much with term papers back then, engineering classes were of the format of 3 to 4 tests thru the semester, and a final exam.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.