Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 03-21-2010, 05:35 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
All triplers that I've seen came with the anode wire and many came with a new anode connector.

Speaking of discharging HV, you'd cringe if you saw what a friend of mine used to do regarding capacitors. Heck, I cringed!

If he suspected a bad cap, lets say in the power supply or vertical circuit, he'd flip over the chassis, power up the set, grab some odd value cap and attach some test leads to it, and start jumping caps while the set was on. Usually, a loud SNAP and some heavy sparks would take place when he'd junp the test cap across the one in circuit. This is especially true of the high value and/or high voltage caps. More than a few times, I've seen him kill a TV by engaging in this practice. Usually due to a slip of the test probe or using the wrong value cap as the test cap.

I always either connected the test cap with the set off or I simply tested all caps with the correct test equipment. I never have been a fan of bridging electrolytics in a live circuit.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.