Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #24  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor View Post
I'd would like to see the BBC series. Was it running on BBC America? ABC's is starting to hit its stride. Some of the characters are definitely fitting their roles such as Det. Carling. He will get much bigger work beyond this show. Geez, this guy was one the template for most of my sister's boyfriends through the 70's & (2) husbands!



Surprising though is Keitel's lack of energy. I have a feeling that he will be gone if if the show continues another season. He is just kind of lethargic and does not sell his lines. Still, I am hanging with it. The show has a good vibe and and the music rotation is great. They keep pulling out one-hit wonders for background. I don't think I'd heard this one since the mid 70's. I definitely had forgotten it but knew every word and where I was back then -

B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
Is it back? I've had my DVR set, I haven't checked.

The Gene Hunt character can't leave, his troubles and the introduction of Frank Morgan are key plot points. If they follow the BBC anyway. I like Keitel in the part, Philip Glenister played it about the same way. Gene seemed to go straight for a while.

I heartily agree with you, the Det Sgt Carling in the US version is a great performance, (my sister had the same boyfriend) however by this time in the BBC series Carling has done something (I won't spoil it) very bad.

I decided that what the ABC version lacks is Sam getting the crap scared out of him. Sam's world isn't sturdy as the real world and the lights going out and him leave screaming in a doorless/windowless room or going blind or the card girl telling him "your dead Sam, and all those poor people". Stuff that gives it that edge.

While ABC has done a very good job on all fronts, Sam is having too easy a ride.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.