Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
MRX37 MRX37 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post

I wonder which (if any) of these cheap brands will be a top brand in 10 or 20 years? I can still remember when Goldstar (LG), and Samsung were synonymous with garbage. Now many people put them up with the best Japanese brands.
That's kinda funny cos, well I don't know about Goldstar, but I know Samsung's a Korean brand, and from my experience they make good stuff for the most part.

I know my 19" flatscreen CRT monitor that I use every day (made in 2002) still produces an excellent picture, and that the CRT was made by Samsung. I also have a 19" Samsung TV made in 1994 that only needs one bad cap replaced (if I can ever find it...), and I have a 25" Samsung TV (made in 2001) which works beautifully.

I also have two Samsung hard drives. One I found, and one I bought, and they perform flawlessly. The one I found is now several years old, and the fact that it still works fine is amazing for a hard drive.

I dunno whether I've been extremely lucky, or if Samsung actually cares about quality. I do know that my Samsung electronics tend to just...work...
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.