Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #646  
Old 06-29-2008, 10:45 AM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
"Let's say the average person uses 10% of their brain. You use 1.5%; the rest is clogged with malted hops and bong resin"

James Spader in Tommy Boy
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablethevoice View Post
I've not seen the original Bogey/Marsh version but now that I've seen this one, I'd like to.
Do it!!!
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:05 AM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
Lying around being jet-lagged all day yesterday, I was looking around on the teevee for just about anything to focus on, and came across some early- 80's "film" called The Outsiders. With Patrick Swayze and several teen "actors" who may or may not be stars these days (I really don't keep up with movies at all).

Teenage hoodlums do wrong, do right, smoke a lot of cigarettes, rumble, and not much else. This was as large a pile of steaming crap as I have sat through in a long, long time. Not an actor worthy of the title in the whole cast. And when the credits rolled (FINALLY), Francis Ford Coppola's name was associated with it- I was aghast. Bet that's one he'd love to have back.
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentoze View Post
Lying around being jet-lagged all day yesterday, I was looking around on the teevee for just about anything to focus on, and came across some early- 80's "film" called The Outsiders. With Patrick Swayze and several teen "actors" who may or may not be stars these days (I really don't keep up with movies at all).

Teenage hoodlums do wrong, do right, smoke a lot of cigarettes, rumble, and not much else. This was as large a pile of steaming crap as I have sat through in a long, long time. Not an actor worthy of the title in the whole cast. And when the credits rolled (FINALLY), Francis Ford Coppola's name was associated with it- I was aghast. Bet that's one he'd love to have back.
I've actually wanted to see that one. It's based on some "classic" teen novel and you're right; there's a ton of future "names" in it. Didja catch Tom Waits??

IMDB link
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I have a pretty cool memory attached to The Outsiders.Several months before its release,I was at a Budfest at the Rose Bowl,and Stevie Wonder was the last artist to perform.He tells us he just wrote a new song for The Outsiders called Stay Gold.He played it,which was a very pretty song,and asked our opinions.He got tremendous cheers,of course.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #651  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
Didja catch Tom Waits??

IMDB link
Didn't see Waits. He must have done a quick walk-through while I was puking in the toilet. Has Swayze ever made a movie that didn't really suck?
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentoze View Post
Didn't see Waits. He must have done a quick walk-through while I was puking in the toilet. Has Swayze ever made a movie that didn't really suck?
The only one I can think of is Donnie Darko,and he played a child pornographer in that one.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:35 AM
pmsummer's Avatar
pmsummer pmsummer is offline
simul justus et peccator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rheinhardt Station, Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
I've actually wanted to see that one. It's based on some "classic" teen novel and you're right; there's a ton of future "names" in it. Didja catch Tom Waits??

IMDB link
It was a follow-up to Coppola's "Rumblefish" (another S.E. Hinton novel based in Tulsa). Rumblefish was MUCH better (good soundtrack, too).
__________________
P.M. Summer



McIntosh MA6100, Klipsch Klipschorns, Denon DP-1800 w/AT-15SS, Sony XDR-F1HD, Yamaha CDC+Entech dac
McIntosh MAC4100, Fons Mk1 w/Shure M97xE, AR3a, Frazier Mk V, Yamaha NS1000M, TEAC A-2300SR
H.H. Scott 299D, Frazier La Fiesta, Tivoli Model CD, ELAC 40A
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:36 AM
pmsummer's Avatar
pmsummer pmsummer is offline
simul justus et peccator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rheinhardt Station, Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
Posts: 122
Quote:
Has Swayze ever made a movie that didn't really suck?
Not to my knowledge.

Quote:
The only one I can think of is Donnie Darko,and he played a child pornographer in that one.
Type-casting?
__________________
P.M. Summer



McIntosh MA6100, Klipsch Klipschorns, Denon DP-1800 w/AT-15SS, Sony XDR-F1HD, Yamaha CDC+Entech dac
McIntosh MAC4100, Fons Mk1 w/Shure M97xE, AR3a, Frazier Mk V, Yamaha NS1000M, TEAC A-2300SR
H.H. Scott 299D, Frazier La Fiesta, Tivoli Model CD, ELAC 40A
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsummer View Post
It was a follow-up to Coppola's "Rumblefish" (another S.E. Hinton novel based in Tulsa). Rumblefish was MUCH better (good soundtrack, too).
"Rumblefish"!!
That's the one. I knew it was one of those.
Thanks!!

BTW, another ton of stars in that one too, including Waits again

IMDB Rumblefish
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #656  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:45 AM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
"What the American public doesn"t know is what makes them the American public"

Dan Akroyd in Tommy Boy
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 06-30-2008, 01:20 AM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
Wanted

Fun, unpredictable and entertaining.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 AM
thisOne's Avatar
thisOne thisOne is offline
Listen...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepixel View Post
Wanted

Fun, unpredictable and entertaining.
Let's not forget that she's HOT!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Marantz=2130|3650|300DC(2)|6370Q|CD-73|170DC|2385|2285B|1250
Pioneer=RT909|RT707|SG9800|PL71(2)|CT-F1000 | JBL-L100 | JBL 4312
Technics RS 1700 | JBL 4647/2445J/3115A | C220 | MC275 | Dual 1219 | Thorens TD 124 MKII
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 06-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Harmonica's Avatar
Harmonica Harmonica is offline
Certified AK Enabler
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 3
"Wall-E" with my little sister...I actually liked it, and I'm usually not one to get sucked up in that cutsie pixar crap.

Before that was "Once Upon a in the West" which is one of my favorites as well where my user name/avatar come from (if you didnt know )
__________________
--Mike
(Always happy, never satisfied)
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 06-30-2008, 02:22 AM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
Before that was "Once Upon a in the West" which is one of my favorites as well where my user name/avatar come from (if you didnt know )
Great movie! I must admit, I've always had a thing for Claudia Cardinale after seeing her in this movie.
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.