Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:10 PM
prisoners's Avatar
prisoners prisoners is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 62
I liked it a lot. There is a real risk of damaging the "Terminator" franchise so kudos to the people for the effort. Looking forward to next week.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:07 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffer View Post
Your kidding right? Ever see Firefly....?
Oh the pain of a stellar cancelled series.



__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Snade's Avatar
Snade Snade is offline
humble AK member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago burbs - DuPage county
Posts: 192
The second episode was not very good, the writing seemed average.

I may watch it again, but I'm not recommending it.

The son is a wimp and needs to toughen up if he is going to save all of our lives.

Snade
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Tapehead47's Avatar
Tapehead47 Tapehead47 is offline
Son of Zod
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lutz, Florida
Posts: 59
I seriously get lost into the Terminator movies, but the TeeVee version just didn't grab me. I missed the first episode thinking it was Monday nite. Oh well. I've got patience. But like 'Lost' and '24', if you miss an episode you might as well forget about it. And I do that a lot!

I'm really lame when it comes to scheduling my TeeVee viewing.
__________________
"Americans Hate Music, But They Love Entertainment" - Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapehead47 View Post
Watched about 15 minutes and switched to 'Cops'.
Ouch, that's a low blow.
__________________
Honorary AK E'Waver
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Tapehead47's Avatar
Tapehead47 Tapehead47 is offline
Son of Zod
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lutz, Florida
Posts: 59
Not meant to be below the belt...

I missed the Sunday episode, thinking the first one would be Monday nite. I am a huge fan of the Terminator movies. Fantastic escapism! I guess my 13" TeeVee just don't get it, even though I have big-time 2ch sound hooked up.

The first movie was Sci-Fi at it's best. The following were just as good. Classic Sci-Fi without any doubt! No low blow intended!

Rick
__________________
"Americans Hate Music, But They Love Entertainment" - Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Jack G Jack G is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
The Sunday episode was good, the Monday episode was OK. It has potential, even if it doesn't have a big budget. They are going to have to have more variety to the action/fight scenes though. The previews for next week looked interesting. We'll see how it goes.
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
dew042's Avatar
dew042 dew042 is offline
Magically delicious
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Next door.
Posts: 48
I thought it was mediocre at best.

dew.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor View Post
Oh the pain of a stellar cancelled series.



Scale of 1 to 10

Firefly - 10

The Chronicles Of Sarah Connor - 3
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
riffer riffer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator View Post


I enjoyed the first episode last night and will watch the second tonight. I thought 24 was cancelled for the season due to Kiefers off screen problems coupled with the writers strike?
I believe they managed to complete about half the season, but they wanted to hold back until they could complete the rest and run everything at once.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 01-18-2008, 06:30 AM
goldear's Avatar
goldear goldear is offline
Certifiable Audio Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 32
I've only caught one episode so far. I'm undecided at this point. I thought that it was decent, but not great. Its always diffcult to accept new actors in favorite roles, and this is no different. But I think that the acting will need to mature a bit if its going to survive past season 1 though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Proconsul's Avatar
Proconsul Proconsul is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2
I've only seen the first show, but tell me -- what Terminator repeatedly tries to kill someone by standing at a distance and shooting at them? And walking real slow while doing it? OK, later the T ran faster, but I really hate it when the villian does something that you know he wouldn't "really" do. In "real life", the T would have called roll in class while walking up and down the aisles, and when John raised his hand, the would have ended him -- and the series -- right there.

Hmm --- maybe that's why they wrote it the way they did....
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
I finally watched the second episode. While I'll keep recording it for the remainder of the eight episodes that have been taped, since there are no new shows to watch, I think it's just OK so far. The common theme between the two shows is continual fights between terminators. I hope the show has more to offer than that.
__________________
Honorary AK E'Waver
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
BaggedLancer's Avatar
BaggedLancer BaggedLancer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 5
Just thought I'd share:

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Jamison Jamison is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 23
man i could sure use a bionic BJ from her woowweee!
__________________
" life is like a jar of jalopenas - you never know when its going to burn your ass"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.