Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2022, 10:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Using a Frequency Counter with a Zenith Trans-Oceanic?

Hello everyone, I had aquired a while back a Heath-Zenith (Heath Kit) Frequency Counter to use with an older Radio City Products Signal Generator (which I have since replaced with a Hewlett-Packard Signal Generator, that has a built-in Frequency Counter.)

So I had the thought that maybe I could use my Frequency Counter with my Zenith Trans-Oceanic Radio to figure out where I'm at on the tuning dial (especially when tuning in the SW Bandspread) but I have no idea where I would hook the frequency counter up to the radio to track the tuner, I had tried hooking it up to the input on the tuning condensor but that didn't do much good as it just showed nothing but gobledygook on the frequency counter (the "frequencies" that were showing up on the frequency counter were nowhere near what the bandspread was supposed to be tuning in.)

Anyone have any experience with attempting something like this and know where I should hook the frequency counter into the radio to get it to show where the tuner is tracking?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Zenith Trans-Oceanic Model in Question is a G500 from 1950 (the first miniature tube model.)

Last edited by vortalexfan; 08-22-2022 at 11:21 PM.