Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Holey Grille

That's grille, not grail.

The grille on my CTC-10 Wynnwood has nice big hole punched in it along with some other snags here and there, luckily it's just made of Wicker so I was able to find an online Wicker/Rattan store and order up some new material.

Wicker like this is measured by how many strips of lattice there are per inch, six in this case so that's what I ordered, turned out to be pretty much exactly the same material (50 years apart), of course the color is different so I will have to find a way to add some color to it, maybe some stain. Also the old grille has some random strips of darker color throughout, I may be able to simulate that using a stain marker pen that's darker than the rest of the material.

In other news I was able to obtain one of the small knobs that was missing, found it (five of them actually) in a large lot of knobs on eBay and asked the seller to sell just the ones I needed for a fair price after the $30 lot didn't sell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grillehole.jpg (81.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg newgrille.jpg (53.4 KB, 62 views)