Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Fs ctc 16

THIS unit will die if it is not saved contact me for more it is listed in the popular auction site under RCA CTC-16 but it needs a good home because I cannot save it from death I reserved the right to sell locally so let me know asap or its a goner unfortunately if it doesnt auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 840A0903.JPG (68.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 08-28-2011, 11:36 AM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Why does it need to die? Does someone have a gun to your head to get rid of it or destroy it?

It's kinda like saying "well I need to get rid of this dog. If someone can't give it a home I have to kill it."

If its a space constraint, at least part it out so folks can use parts for their sets. These things are getting scarce...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

I hear what you mean but I have 5 of these this one needs to go to a good home or whatever, its odd to hear I know but to clarify... I have 4 barns to recover roofs on, my garage is gone flattened and my is house hitting the ground in two weeks a new one going up and my other house I already restored from the May 29th tornado, for someone who has time here it is, as you can see time and storage is my problem winter is soon on the way for all this work to be done yet
time is my gun unfortunately I will take a good loss insurance didnt pay for anything at the location where it is stored now So in reality yes its like a dog with rabies.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:10 PM
M is for Memory

Looks like a silvertone that I once compleated someone else's guttting job on.

If you were closer, and I had money, and space I'd try to save it. Heck I even have a good strong spare CRT to pop in.

You should really try to at least give it or the parts to someone who will care for it as roundys especially the larger combos are quite difficult to find and are becoming scarser all the time.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 AM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamazoo-DJ View Post
I hear what you mean but I have 5 of these this one needs to go to a good home or whatever, its odd to hear I know but to clarify... I have 4 barns to recover roofs on, my garage is gone flattened and my is house hitting the ground in two weeks a new one going up and my other house I already restored from the May 29th tornado, for someone who has time here it is, as you can see time and storage is my problem winter is soon on the way for all this work to be done yet
time is my gun unfortunately I will take a good loss insurance didnt pay for anything at the location where it is stored now So in reality yes its like a dog with rabies.
I didn't know you were in such a rough spot. I can understand your reasoning behind the decision. I just hope it gets rescued instead of becoming landfill fodder.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdylon View Post
I didn't know you were in such a rough spot. I can understand your reasoning behind the decision. I just hope it gets rescued instead of becoming landfill fodder.
If anything needs to go to the landfill, it would be that god-awful rug.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

GOOD NEWS!! The construction company decided to build on to the existing structure it passed the code inspections and re zoning and is fit for a massive addition, they carefully removed the TV this morning for the addition work and is stored in their semi truck trailer I will also have removed an RCA colortrack 2000, two 90's RCA consoles one vertical and one horizontal cabinet and several portable models, sony etc and a magnavox roundie console. All must be removed for new construction to the existing house.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

It did sell I think someone got a good deal,it was too bad it has to leave me but it will serve someone else much better in whole or in parts. Thanks to whom ever it was here or elsewhere another roundie saved from disaster it would be to hard to have watched go that way.