Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Workin' Late Again

FS: Blonder Tongue AM40-550 Agile Modulator

I have a pair of these units excess to my current needs. The unit on top I've added passively summed L/R audio phono jacks and a phono video jack, bottom unit is stock. These are the lower output power(+42 dBmV) version of the very popular AM60-550(+60dBmV). Honestly these work just fine for broadcasting in the same room as your TV's, or as a hard wired modulator setup. However if you're expecting to watch TV out across your block, you'd be better off trying an AM60-550 unit. In my case, we have so much modern digital rf hash in the house, that I just prefer a wired transmission.

These have some scuffs and scrapes on the cabinets, otherwise in fine working order. I also have a pdf file of the operators manual that I can email to whomever purchases these. Asking $15 for the top(summed L/R audio) unit, $10 for the unmodified unit, plus actual shipping from 54812. Please send a pm with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 11-17-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:57 PM
M is for Memory

PM sent.

BTW these should be able to send a good distance with a good (mediocre ones will either pass without amplifying or suffer input overload distortion) external RF amp. I can get about a block with 55dBmV BAVMz series BT modulators. I'm amazed you put up with wired RF....I have way too many sets in 3-4 rooms for practical wired operation, and abandoned that long ago.

Keys to avoiding RF noise include using a DTV box with a signal meter (such as Zenith ones) to find empty channels (fat chance trying to over power a KW to MW rated DTV station), finding noisy switch mode supplies in modern gear and fixing or replacing them, cutting a custom dipole antenna for the wavelength of radiated signal, trying different grounding, and ungrounded schemes.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-17-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I'm amazed you put up with wired RF....I have way too many sets in 3-4 rooms for practical wired operation, and abandoned that long ago.
Try convincing a motel or apartment complex manager of that notion. And no I don't keep my TV's in a motel

I pm'd you your shipping quote.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Workin' Late Again

Hi Tom, I tried to pm this, but your in-box is full(again).

I'm going to attempt to ship these tomorrow to your PO box address. If you happen to clean out your in-box, I'll leave you a tracking number soon. Thanks!