Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Still Looking

Yes, I am still looking for a double field magnet....unfortunately, radionut's was a single field unit Mark
Old 04-15-2014, 09:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Pretty much any style should work. I didn't realize these were so hard to find. Maybe many got tossed along with dead CRTs ?
I know that you can use the single field ion trap on tubes that call for double field units. I have two RCAs; one with a 10BP4 and another with a 12LP4 and both have single field traps. They both work great. I would at least give a single a try.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Restoring Admiral 24A12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanzaman View Post
Yes, I am still looking for a double field magnet....unfortunately, radionut's was a single field unit Mark
I have one for you. PM sent.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

I don't know if this will help in installing the magnet, but I am going to paste some installation instructions that someone sent me back when I was confused with a 10BP4 which came with a single field. I had obtained a double even though the single worked fine. I figured that there had to be a reason for such a specification or they would never have made the darned things. I still don't know for sure what is 100% correct, but anyway here is what he said:

The clamp with black tubing should face the base of the tube. The flat plate of the trap should be on the side of the neck opposite the side of the tube where the HV anode connection is located. The trap should be about halfway between the back of the focus coil and the tube base. The clamp should be just snug enough to hold it stable and prevent the trap from sliding around the neck under its own weight but loose enough to allow it to be moved around by hand to find the position giving brightest raster and eliminating neck shadow. Once properly positioned, secure the clamp so that the set can be moved around without disturbing the ion trap setting by vibration. The clamp should grip the neck securely without squeezing. Above all, don't over-tighten it.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
I have one for you. PM sent.
Thanks, Bob !
Audiokarma
Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Bonanzaman,
I'm curious how this turned out. Did the double field magnet make a difference?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks, Paul.....I'm wrapped up in a couple of other projects right now, but I'll post my results when I get back to the old Philco.