Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Administrator

WTB: Admiral 7" TV, complete or chassis

Apparently the Admiral 7" 19A1 that I've been working on was hacked up at one point and used as a monitor or a scope or something, and there's a lot of wiring missing

What I'm looking for is either a marginal shape complete set (with or without a picture tube), or just a chassis, or whatever. My intention is to use it as a template to "copy and paste" the wiring over to the set I've been working on.

If it's a complete set, I have an extra picture tube here, so after I get this one done, I'll just restore that one too

Post or PM if you've got something. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM
M is for Memory

If your not missing any non-generic components (AKA inductors and transformers) why not get a Sam's for the schematic and pics of the lead dress and reconstruct it from that?

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Administrator

I have the complete Sams. Though I've got HV and some sync functions, this thing is pretty hacked up underneath. I'm seeing places that there should be wires according to the schematic, that there aren't on the chassis, there's no evidence that wires were there, and I can't tell from the chassis layout shots in the Sams.

Seems to me that the path of least resistance (no pun intended) is to just have the chassis side by side, and copy the wiring over, same same. I honestly don't want to spend weeks trying to figure this one out, and risk components in the set because I've got it wrong.....especially when this is neither a rare set.....or mine
Old 10-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Restoring Admiral 24A12

I have a couple 19A1 sets and can take under chassis photos if that helps. Here are some I already have online. You can click them for higher res versions.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Well, we'll give it a try. Follow me over to this thread http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=259752

Meanwhile, I'd still buy one if anyone has one to sell
Old 10-26-2013, 12:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

I believe I do have one of these on the shelf out in the garage. It has been restored and then I robbed some parts out of it... probably the high voltage caps. The CRT is very good and I did have this set playing on display on and off for a couple years until something else a bit more interesting came along. Let me know if you're still looking and I'll snap a few pics tomorrow and cound send them.

Mark
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Actually, I've got a deal pending. Thanks though!