View Full Version : For those of you who wonder if I am ok or not...

Bobby Brady
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
I submit an excellent example of the kind of person I am.
I have been focusing in on the 50's, 60's, and 70's for sometime now to learn and become a better person and finally Hollywood has given me something to love about todays culture...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I saw Oprah(I love her!) today! It was a great show and it covered that new movie that gives me hope that some of the masses will get a clue as to how they should think and live. I can't quote Emilio Estevez yet (I will reveiw tape and edit this) but he said what I have figured out which is that our country reallly took a nose dive when Bobby Kennedy was murdered.

It sure will be interesting to read any comments on this subject by the many great minds who hang out here.

The photos are of something I will restore completely but for now it is mostly used for music. I love to play records and I will likely find the optional 8-track to put in it. I have 8-tracks in two of my cars. The Sirius radio is off to the right side, it works great through the tape input. I also use the Sirius in the car.

namahealani
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Man, RFK would've made a great President! But just at the moment he won the California primary, ensuring his party's nomination and certainly the white house, he was shot down.
They weren't taking any chances. We never regained control of this democracy, from the military/industrial/intelligence complex, after WWII. But we had one brief shining moment. What a different world it would have been.
I hope we outlive the imperialistic, warmongering mindset-ted ones. :beatnik: :rockon:

CUlater
11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
:lurk:

Sandy G
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Alrite, alrite, guys, come on, we're gettin' a little too close to politics here..But ever time I hear "Abraham, Martin & John" I kinda wonder what coulda been, too....Maybe that's why I sob a little about every time I hear it..

spkrman57
11-07-2006, 09:45 PM
To Bobby Brady,

I had a console resembling the one in your pic. Mine had a 25" color TV with a stereo using 9" x 15" oval speakers. I remebered that those oval speakers had shielded alnico magnets(pretty small by todays standards). But it sounded ok considering it was yesteryears technology for consoles!

How about pics with the center doors open to see the crt screen(TV)!

Regards, Ron

Bobby Brady
11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Alrite, alrite, guys, come on, we're gettin' a little too close to politics here..But ever time I hear "Abraham, Martin & John" I kinda wonder what coulda been, too....Maybe that's why I sob a little about every time I hear it..

To me, that proves you are a great man.
That song is absolutely beautiful. I love it as recorded by Dion Demucci who lives here in Boca. I never met him while I wouldlove too! I found out he has a home here after seeing his old mortgage paper for sale on ebay a couple years ago.

Have you heard it performed by Marvin Gaye? He did a beautiful job with it.

Bobby Brady
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
To Bobby Brady,

I had a console resembling the one in your pic. Mine had a 25" color TV with a stereo using 9" x 15" oval speakers. I remebered that those oval speakers had shielded alnico magnets(pretty small by todays standards). But it sounded ok considering it was yesteryears technology for consoles!

How about pics with the center doors open to see the crt screen(TV)!

Regards, Ron

Hi Ron,
I put up a pic with doors open. It's an RCA with the CTC-54 chassis.
The speakers are enclosed with some insulated covers so I don't know there dimensions yet. They sound great to me. Excellent bass. The system is from 1972.

What make was your system? Do you have a photo of it? What happened to it?
Thanks

spkrman57
11-07-2006, 10:20 PM
My bad, I did not look at the 2nd pic.

Mine was RCA.

Unique was that the doors opened up and then would slide back on either side of the crt.

My cabinet was identical to yours, but I forgot what the TV looked like, many years ago.

Ron

namahealani
11-07-2006, 10:21 PM
To me, that proves you are a great man.
That song is absolutely beautiful. I love it as recorded by Dion Demucci who lives here in Boca. I never met him while I wouldlove too! I found out he has a home here after seeing his old mortgage paper for sale on ebay a couple years ago.

Have you heard it performed by Marvin Gaye? He did a beautiful job with it.

I had a 45 of A,M&J that had "Your Own Back Yard" as the B-side. Ever heard that one? It's on the Dion box set "King of the NY Streets". Not political
PS- just clicked on the forum rules:

No Political or Religious discussions.

Sorry (but then again, it is Election Day)

spkrman57
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I moved to smaller dwelling that the console would not fit in!!!! I gave it away, not easy due to the large size.

Ron

Hi Ron,
I put up a pic with doors open. It's an RCA with the CTC-54 chassis.
The speakers are enclosed with some insulated covers so I don't know there dimensions yet. They sound great to me. Excellent bass. The system is from 1972.

What make was your system? Do you have a photo of it? What happened to it?
Thanks

spkrman57
11-07-2006, 10:24 PM
That cabinet was really solid, much better than the others from that timeframe.

Bobby Brady
11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
I submit an excellent example of the kind of person I am.
I have been focusing in on the 50's, 60's, and 70's for sometime now to learn and become a better person and finally Hollywood has given me something to love about todays culture...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I saw Oprah(I love her!) today! It was a great show and it covered that new movie that gives me hope that some of the masses will get a clue as to how they should think and live. I can't quote Emilio Estevez yet (I will reveiw tape and edit this) but he said what I have figured out which is that our country reallly took a nose dive when Bobby Kennedy was murdered.

It sure will be interesting to read any comments on this subject by the many great minds who hang out here.

I didn't want to bring this up again because I know I may come across as a little nuts for wanting strangers to think I'm "OK" but after seeing Oprah today I just had to add a bit. I have not seen Oprah's show enough to claim that "I love her". I said that because of seeing some of her shows in which she brings very worthwhile, important information to the masses and she is partly responsible for bringing Dr. Phil to TV who I think is a cool guy that helps many people.
Today's show reminded me of why many do not like her show as it was a promotion for a film called "Dreamgirls". The movie is one of those that targets the poor, uneducated youth who predictably learn how important it is to admire and respect those who are physically superior/beautiful and or those who are rich. In turn, they predictably disrespect those who are unattractivce and poor. Many I have spoken to on this subject do not believe there is a connection to people's behavior and what they watch for entertainment. Others don't see examples of this personally and think I have some sort of complex problem. The subject has been covered somewhat in the recent TV show Entertainment Tonight where they had a drop dead gorgeous woman dress up as an unattractive person. The special is accurate in what it reveals with the unattractive version being treated terribly. People who are educated properly do not harm others for such reasons. If we blame the parents nothing will ever improve. This problem has been growing steadily since the 50's. Today it leads to these kids that bring guns to school to get back at those who inflict such mental cruelty.
While I still appreciate the great things Oprah does I am disappointed that she does not do more to solve an important problem in our culture. The movie "Dreamgirls" clearly perpetuates the problem if not adding to it.