View Full Version : Question on this RCA portable

Kamakiri
08-12-2003, 09:20 PM
As yo might recall, I found this ugly duckling diamond in the rough for $1 at the last swap meet....

Now, on the back it has a 4 pin plug, two lines AC, two lines DC 12V. The top two pins are heavier braided wire, black and white, and solid black. The black has a resistor going to ground, and the black/white seems to go to a power transformer. The bottom two pins are maroon and red/white wire, stretching to places unknown. It's so packed in with this set it's hard to tell.

So, the question before I screw this thing up, is my assumption that the top two pins are AC line voltage correct? This set is chassis #KCS157A. Be interesting if anyone can date it as well :)

Believe it or not, I think it will clean up beautifully!

drh4683
08-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Hi Kam,

Ive actually got a factory service manual for that set. Its dated 1967 and is a 1967 production year. There were two different models, either AJ-005B "Petite" or the "Jaunty" AJ-009E They have the 9WP4 Crt. The little holes on the crt bezel is for a metal viewing hood that went on the sides and top of the tv. Cool find!

Kamakiri
08-27-2003, 09:10 PM
She actually works pretty darn good too. For $1, I took a chance on blowing it up to go with my hunch. Good thing my hunch was right :)

I'll take some pics now that it's cleaned up when I get chance.