View Full Version : wH@t iS g0InG oN??

David Roper
08-31-2005, 10:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-vintage-Zenith-television-turntable-radio_W0QQitemZ6204938761QQcategoryZ3638QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

As of this posting, with seven days to go and after only two bids, this monstrous b&w combo (instead of sitting on the curb) is sitting at $405.00 (!!) :jawdrop: That is just surreal!

vintagecollect
09-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Tv appears mint & seller posted enough pics to prove-shows working. The turntable shows a WHITE cobra tone arm I didn't know Zenith ever made(I have only seen Red cobra tone arms on Smaller table units)- Rare???. The hi fi appears very early, amplifier seperate from tuner. I have seen several vintage console tv/ stereo combos, but never one with seperate amp/tuner units for stereo. Near new condition of set draws interest as brand of Zenith???

:yes:

Chad Hauris
09-01-2005, 08:27 AM
I have seen this type of Zenith stereo several times...it's not terribly rare from what I have seen. The one we own at the shop also has the white cobra tone arm...it does not use the older style of Cobra cartridge that uses an RF oscillator, it is actually a ceramic cartridge in the stereo Cobra models.

This is very strange as far as the price. I have never seen a large stereo/TV console like this sell for more than $35 or so. Only time I have seen a console radio sell for big bucks is a late 1940's RCA console with phono that had a lot of 78 RPM records that sold for around $500 at an estate sale.

Charlie
09-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I think this is a matter of someone with deep pockets and they simply want it no matter what. It's in good condition and plays. It all depends on who sees your item.

Good example here... Last year I sold and old couch and loveseat for a friend on ebay. In a way, it was kinda ugly... mainly due to the color. The styling was very retro 60's. Had one bid from a guy in NYC... for $35.00. He told me he was already shopping around for the fabric to have the pieces recovered. About a week later, a van came to pick up the sofa/loveseat for delivery to NY. I had to sign the ticket when they took it. The ticket showed that they guy had paid nearly 700 bucks to have the two pieces shipped! Wow! Seems like a lot for a couple of old couches. But, the guy liked it, wanted it, and obviously had a fat enough checkbook to pay for freight.

That's all that matters. If you want something bad enough and got the cash to buy it, you'll get it.