View Full Version : Childhood tv is here or at least a copy of it is

JCFitz
06-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Well over $300 and 4 months later

The copy of the tv my parents had as a baby finally arrived at my house on the eastern shore of Maryland all the way from Wisconsin. How he did in 2 days what I couldn't accomplish in a weekend is beyond me. I need my sleep but some people can drive 12 or 13 hours without stopping I guess. I made a video of the first power up hooked up to a converter box. Works great. Of course the video has camera artifacts suck as the wide diagonal bands seen and the moving shadows and the blue tinge none seen in person but it works great for an untouched tv as old as me that probably hadn't been used for years.

https://www.facebook.com/james.fitzsimmons.716/videos/977028982404050/

Electronic M
06-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Congrats on getting it. Back when my folks were between Fl and Wi we took many trips between homes and there were a couple of times that we drove over 24 hours straight with the folks tag teaming the driving. I rarely can sleep in the car so I was responsible for making sure the drivers remained awake.

It ain't too hard to be awake in the middle of your sleep schedule you just have to keep yourself mentally excited/active, and dope up with coffee/chocolate/other forms of caffeine....

fixmeplease
06-03-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm glad it made it there. Enjoy!

JCFitz
06-03-2016, 01:11 PM
My problem is when I'm sleepy driving puts me to sleep. It's fight to stay awake. The only friend I have that would be a good enough friend to go with me on a trip like that would literally not be able to go with me to get it because he's a single father avid the mother is out if the picture totally. I could have accomplished it with more than a weekend to do the drive and a hotel stay but I can't because I never get any vacations or paid time off work. Never have and never will as long as the doors are open to the shop. Won't be much longer. There's literally no one having Tvs repaired anymore except warranty work and that's sparse. We're lucky to get 2 or 3 sets on a whole week and are always told if it's beyond a certain amount forget it.