View Full Version : New finds!

polaraman
11-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Thought I would make you all drool with my purchase today. I got the RCA tube set today at the Savation Army. It was there plugged and playing with a great picture. $25 and it was all mine. A deal???? :banana:

The middle set is a Silvertone badged toshiba. I got that a few weeks ago and it was not working properly. I got to it last week. Tested the tubes and found a bad 8FQ7. Popped it in and it works great. Paid a whopping $5.00 for the set. :)

The set on the far right is a Zenith B/W. It also works real good. That was another $5.00 deal.

polaraman

Chad Hauris
11-12-2004, 08:19 PM
That RCA looks like a CTC-22...I have one and it has the best performance of any of my tube type portables...it is an all-tube chassis. Also at the shop today we had a call from a lady wanting to sell us a b/w Curtis Mathes console that is styled like your color set.

polaraman
11-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Model number on the RCA is EP 402 H. Does that help in identification?

Please get a picture of the Curtis mathes. It would be interesting to see.

polaraman

polaraman
11-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Pictures! I replaced the Zenith B/W with a Zenith color set. I am running the sets through a VCR.

RCA/Silvertone/Zenith

polaraman

Charlie
11-13-2004, 10:58 AM
That big hutch on top of the CM came in handy for somethin! :D

polaraman
11-13-2004, 09:50 PM
I took out the 8 track and replaced it with my VCR. Plenty more room for a DVD player. YES! It was good for something but a dust collector.

polaraman

bgadow
11-13-2004, 10:36 PM
This has to be the trend in my collection, table sets/portables. Not a lot of space left that way either but more than on the floor!

Checked the Photofact index, that model is in Sams 1107 dated 1970 and is supposed to be chassis CTC-22AD. Great color! Great finds!

drh4683
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Great finds! That rca ctc22 is sharp! Hardly any of those left, expecially in such great shape.

Bill R
11-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new here and have been reading some of the threads. This one brought back some memories. In 1966 we got our first color tv. It was an RCA CTC22b and it also sat on top of our Curtis Mathis combo set. The picture was good on the RCA, but it was not overly reliable. I am located in West Tennessee and would like to locate another ctc22b in the white cabinet.
I do not have room for another CM beast. Our CM was a 1961 or 62 black and white model with the phono in a drawer to the right of the crt and below the radio. When it was on its last leg the selector switch was bad in the radio. To watch tv you had to put the switch in the tv position then pull the drawer out and turn on the phono. What fun. I like the color roundies, and have a Philco 16M91, and a Zenith 24MC32.

Bill R

Charlie
11-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Welcome Bill

Glad to have you join us. As you have probably seen in many of the threads, we have quite a few vintage sets going on here. Hope you enjoy being a part of our clan. It gets pretty exciting around here when we share our finds, projects, photos, and knowlege. We've got some great members here, and if it wasn't for the help we get from each other, many of our projects would never get finished. Again, welcome aboard!

Sandy G
11-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Hey Bill ! Welcome aboard ! I'm on the other end of the state, about halfway between Knoxville & Bristol. Think you'll like it here- bunch of us old TV nuts here. -Sandy G.