View Full Version : Packard Bell remote console

DaveWM
08-21-2014, 08:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cs_Pnz_TRU

New old stock TV, there were a couple bad pots I think from never being moved they just developed divits on the tracks.

Jon A.
08-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Very cool. I assume that the 'lytics are all original and will need to come out eventually. The tuner tab wheel setup looks odd to me though, if all the tabs in my Zenith were in that position it would change channels continuously with a single press of the remote button.

DaveWM
08-21-2014, 09:23 PM
I tested them, easy to do since they literally plugged in (they used jumper wires with push on connectors to the term strips). All tested fine for both leakage and rated voltage and capacity. Also has all orig film caps, some kind of blue plastic body with a PB logo sticker on them.

wkand
08-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Wow, very nice! Where did you get the set, Dave?

Jon A.
08-25-2014, 04:48 PM
I tested them, easy to do since they literally plugged in (they used jumper wires with push on connectors to the term strips). All tested fine for both leakage and rated voltage and capacity. Also has all orig film caps, some kind of blue plastic body with a PB logo sticker on them.
I guess I shouldn't be very surprised. After all the original caps in my not-much-newer Zenith are fine, even the original safety caps apparently, blah. Nevertheless, I'm not starting it again until the new safety caps are in.

DaveWM
08-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Wow, very nice! Where did you get the set, Dave?

Just one of my many road trips. :yes: