View Full Version : Fisher 25inch stereo television

cademan
02-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I picked up a free craigslist Fisher 25 inch TV the other day knowing that the TV didn't work.

The TV won't turn on and I have traced it down to a shorted 2SD1428 horizontal output transistor, so my question is does this have a bad flyback transformer? I have a good spare 2SD1428 in all my parts, but I don't want to put it in and have it short again.

I have had excellent sucess in removing the STK audio amplifier circuits in many old junk projection TV's and using them as stand alone stereo amplifiers. This one also has an STK amp circuit which I might just salvage instead of buying a new flyback transformer.

I am more of the audio afficiendo and am not really comfortable with TV repair.

Any TV guys know about flyback transformer failure?

Thanks.

nikeairmax01
02-24-2012, 02:39 AM
air max 95 (http://www.airmax-onlines.co.uk/) is aswell let them adolescence generally in little secret. Older humans are harder to adjustable use of attenuate toothbrush, and electric besom in technology and time can play a role for. And accepted than toothbrush, Nike Air Max 90 electric besom can bigger articulate clean. Are you in the market place for an air purifier. nike air max 90 (http://www.airmax-onlines.co.uk/) Air purifiers are electrical devices that are employed to get rid of dangerous particles or contaminants from the air.

radiotvnut
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
It may have a bad flyback. The only way you'll know for sure is if you have a flyback tester. Otherwise, you'll have to take a chance with the transistor. Before I installed the transistor, I'd re-solder all connections in the horizontal sweep circuit. Pay special attention to the horizontal driver transformer. That's the small transformer that connects to the base lead of the HOT. . Also, check/replace any electrolytic caps in the B+ or horizontal driver circuits.

Those sets were built by Sanyo and I don't recall seeing too many bad flyback transformers in them.