View Full Version : Did RCA have a white plastic floor model that fits into a corner?

JB5pro
07-30-2011, 07:31 AM
I met a great man named Dr. Taylor who talked of getting his first color TV about '63; a Curtis Mathis in Washington DC. Then he told me about a TV show callled: "Captain Nice" from '67. I watched it on Youtube and found it very funny. Aan-nee-way... he went on to say how people used to be very impressed by floor models the way today's mindless consumers go nuts over flat panel TV"s whether or not the picture quality is good. He said he got an RCA that sounded like the famous Zenith that was designed to go into a corner with a white plastic floor model cabinet and he seemed sure it was an RCA from the '60's not from the '70's. I will ask more incase he had an RCA 2000 and put it into a corner but I think I would have seen an RCA like he described if it existed. I am thinking he is remembering wrong as he also said Captain Nice used a pill to become superhuman and I discovered he used a liquid from a small glass bottle. Considering the show only ran for one season in '67 it is understandable for him to get a detail off. I was surpried he recallled it so completely outta the blue when I mentioned Yutbe has old TV shows.

David Roper
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Mr. Terrific took a pill....

Zenith26kc20
08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't remember a RCA in a white corner type cabinet but do remember a wood corner cabinet RCA. If I remember it had a later chassis like a CTC157. They had a decent picture but were a PITA to carry!
And don't forget Crabby Appleton......