View Full Version : $5 Eames, Panton, Mod, Kartell, Deco L@@K

Eric H
11-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Or maybe it's just Orange.

I picked up this little gem on the Goodwill Auction for $5.00

It's quite clean, a couple very light scuffs on the sunscreen and the antenna is busted but you can't tell as long as it's retracted, the chrome handle is also pitted somewhat but for the price I'm very happy.
Oh, and it works, I plugged a 12v wall wart in to it and it came right on.

It cleaned up very nicely with a little 409.

It holds about $25 worth of D cells in the bottom compartment if you want to take it to the Ball Game and watch the analog snow, it can also use rechargeable cells (NiCad?) and has the charger built in.

I never realized how small these sets were until now, (5" screen) I put a VHS tape next to it for scale.

Sandy G
11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Cute widdle feller !

ctc17
11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Speaking of analog snow, does anyone make a hand held portable HDTV that people can take to a ball game?
I guess there wouldnt really be a point as it would just be pixilated hash anyways.

Maybe you should incorporate a converter box into it. Most of them run on 5 or 12 volts anyway. You could tap it into the D cells.

I still cant believe the fcc and corporations got away with that dtv crap. If there was ever any clear evidence of who is in charge of the people that was it. We can just call it the Funai/Orion/FCC lobby.

jr_tech
11-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Speaking of analog snow, does anyone make a hand held portable HDTV that people can take to a ball game?

I use one of these. The nice thing about it is that it runs on AA cells rather than a built in LI pack, so if you run out of juice away from the charger, just put in another set of batteries and you are good for another couple of hours.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Solutions-DHT235D-3-5-Inch-Digital/dp/B00385YJEW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1289971358&sr=8-15

not affiliated,
jr

kx250rider
11-17-2010, 09:53 AM
I guess there wouldnt really be a point as it would just be pixilated hash anyways.

Maybe you should incorporate a converter box into it. Most of them run on 5 or 12 volts anyway. You could tap it into the D cells.

I recall hauling a 40-lb Betamax with a separate shoulder mount camera to ballgames... How 'bout taking a 17" LCD TV with a car battery in a shoulder pack with us :scratch2:

Charles

wa2ise
11-17-2010, 12:26 PM

Supposedly the new "mobile" enhancement to the over the air ATSC standard will let you do just that. It's a separate subchannel from the rest of the DTV subchannels, with extra error correction and ghost cancellation to allow easier reception of it. So you could watch the game on your appropriately equipped cellphone.

compucat
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I use one of these. The nice thing about it is that it runs on AA cells rather than a built in LI pack, so if you run out of juice away from the charger, just put in another set of batteries and you are good for another couple of hours.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Solutions-DHT235D-3-5-Inch-Digital/dp/B00385YJEW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1289971358&sr=8-15

not affiliated,
jr

I have the 7 inch set made by MyGoTV and I really like it. Reception is generally better than most tabletop sets and the removable lithium battery lasts for about two and a half hours. The set is very well made and includes a remote with real rubber keys, not the cheap membrane type that crack after a while. My wife has the 7 inch Eviant portable which is also a very capable performer. We have not taken the sets out anywhere though. We just drag them around the house whenever we want convenient access to TV programs.