View Full Version : What to do with first XBR?

mirayge
08-09-2010, 02:03 AM
I bought a Sony KV-20XBR for 15 dollars. This thing is so sleek, with its' little grey case and multiple inputs on the back. Good Lord! This could be the center piece of an entertainment system.

JB5pro
08-09-2010, 04:28 AM
A photo helps to create interest as well as provide a little well-deserved entertainment for us as we help u with anything u may need.
Also, welcome to one of the greatest sites on the internet! :)

andy
08-09-2010, 10:16 AM
---

radiotvnut
08-09-2010, 11:30 AM
My sister and her ex-husband bought one of those 20" XBR's around '85 or '86 and it saw heavy use up until the mid '90's when the CRT got weak. She gave it to me and I played with the drive and bias pots to get an acceptable picture and I think I ended up giving it to someone. For it's time, it was an advanced TV with every kind of input jack known to man and speakers that could be seperated from the TV. There's no telling what they paid for that thing when it was new.

mirayge
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks eveybody who responded! This thing looks like it had very light use, the Sony dots sticker is still on the side of the case. The speakers and remote are gone, although any decent set of bookshelf speakers away from the CRT will work. On the plus side it came with the owners manual.
I plan on trying to get/make a component to RGB cable to play 480p sources. Until then I can get the Commodore 64 from the garage and invite people to see my 'computer room.'

andy
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
---