View Full Version : VT, Maybe I could get this shipped?

DaveWM
07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
http://burlington.craigslist.org/for/1866863516.html

any idea what this is?

radiotvnut
07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Late '70's-early '80's Sylvania. Probably an E32 single board chassis set. MIGHT be the older (E23, IIRC) single board chassis that's built on a metal frame and uses an earlier style inline CRT. I had a similar '79 Sylvania "guest matic" motel set that I ended up junking because of a bad yoke. For $10, this would be a good TV if the CRT is still OK.

ctc17
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
It would cost you 150 to get it shipped and destroyed. Hold off for something better closer.

radiotvnut
07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I agree. If I were local, I might go after it; but, there's no way I'd pay big money to have it shipped. I've heard so many horror stories about shipping TV's that I won't buy anything larger than a 12" B&W that requires shipping. I've got a 21" '53 Zenith here right now that was supposed to be working when it was sold on ebay. When it arrived, the CRT neck was broken off. The buyer ended up giving it to a fellow VK'er, who then gave it to me. After spending $50 on a CRT, I now have no HV.

I re-read the CL ad and this guy seems to have a whole fleet of these sets that came out of a motel. Today, I'm surprised any motel still has older rotary tuned TV's. They probably came out of a "rent by the hour" motel.