View Full Version : While we are on the subject of late'70' RCA colortrak sets...can anyone find MY set

rca2000
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
After over 30 years of desiring, and searching for a CTC-5, I finally am about to take possession of one. It will probably NEVER leave me. and in 2002, after over 20 years of searching for an RCA2000 set...I got one, and now have two .

I would have thought THIS set I want would be MUCH easier to get. A 19" "direct address" CTC-74 AD set, from 1976-78. Or, I would also take the CTC-81AD console version.....but rather have the portable

There are the first "colortrak" sets RCA put out, and they were the "2000" for their time. OSD and digital READOUT tuning and remote...and above all they have NO controls on the set to turn them on or off, switch channels or volume, color or tint!! ALL was done with a large remote--that looked a lot like a calculator....and I have TWO remotes. For SOME reason--they have evaded me MORE than a CTC-5 or CTC-47!! They were NOT that rare--like the CTC-47, were they??

Does anyone have on of the RCA Direct address sets somewhere in your stash--or know where to get one?? The ONLY one i know of is in AZ--and though I offered the guy $100 to ship it here--that never happened. Anyone in reasonable distance that can come up with one??

radiotvnut
02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I've only heard about the set you speak of. I guess they were too expensive for folks in my area to buy them. I have, however, seen that chassis with the motorized varactor tuner with remote control. And, they are about the heaviest dang 19" set that I've ever seen.

wa2ise
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
I'd like to find a CTC101, the one with the comb filter :thmbsp:, and the one with the infamous flyback :thumbsdn: Had one back in the early 80s, and loved the picture. I do have a CTC108, but the CRT is nearly shot.