View Full Version : Zenith Space Command

Kalamazoo-DJ
11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
This SS Space Command Chromacolor-II has a very good picture and decent color, I got this from a friend here in VK. But when I play video games such as shown where I am being approached by a hooker and the lettering appears and again where I am running over a guy on the curb the icons on the left hand corner of the screen makes the audio buzz very loud
When I blew up the police car it sounded like it was underwater, any ideas on what may cause this disturbance in the audio it also happens on D-tv when credits are scrolled but not as bad.

freakaftr8
11-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Gain control feedback. Older sets had an agc and buzz control for this. Try fine tuning at his stage to see if it goes away. I had an 87 zenith 25" do the same in video games. Seems to be a signal overload. Try another video decoder assuming you use a VCR to convert video and audio to 75 ohm. Try a different VCR.

Kalamazoo-DJ
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Ok, this TV has coax and 75ohm, but I am using a Playstation conversion- cable coax to A/V maybe this converter is the trouble, I had tried fine tuning, it helped but still buzzy I will change to the normal A/V through VCR and see what goes

jpdylon
11-29-2009, 10:31 AM
check and see if the rf modulator has a setting for loading. if it does make sure its set to 75 ohm and not 150 or 300. Some modulators have this capability. If set too high it will overload the set causing the buzz.

Kalamazoo-DJ
11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok ,it needs some work anyway so I will check these things,thanks guys for the insight.