View Full Version : Freecycle post

jedo1507r
07-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, here's a first: someone in my city has posted a vintage set on freecycle and I'd rather have someone save it from becoming a nasty, one-trick fish tank. If you are in Nashville or any of the surrounding areas, this is a heads up.

To the moderator: If this violates any of the terms, do what you wish.

bgadow
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I keep hoping for something to pop up like this but all of my Freecycle TV finds have been later model junk. (really, I hate to use that term...people were nice enough to give me those sets-but in every case I either parted them out or gave them away myself) Someday that freecycle treasure will come my way.

site123a
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Sometimes a "WANTED" ad can go a long way... :yes:

jedo1507r
07-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Heh, I usually come across wanted ads on the local freecycle for working 42-inch "flat screen" (LCD/plasma) requests that no sane person would want give to the poster. I wonder if they got a response for a cracked LCD or plasma. :D

Nothing much TV related other than that, let alone anything pertaining to electronics. Plenty of offers for yard equipment and baby items though.

Just post a wanted ad to offer to pick up that old, heavy, bulky TV that was blocking a part of someone's room clashing against their decor, which they do not want. ;)

AUdubon5425
07-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm tired of the wanted ads for a TV for a person in need or a kid, but "it can not be any smaller than a 27 inch." Come on! I hope they all choke. </rant>

jedo1507r
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
HAHA, yep I read a bunch of those too, they seem to appear daily, posted by a handful of clueless people. Only if they got out of their house and... oh we should keep that between us! ;)

The plus side of watching those posts: the offers of surplus failed diet plans (30 boxes of Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc.) are hilarious--they get snapped up instantly, according to those "taken" posts.