View Full Version : Sony Indextron on evilbay

julianburke
05-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Sony Indextron on evilbay. He says if you hit buy it now (at $1000) and don't buy it, he will give you a strike, a negative, ask evilbay for a suspension against you and report you to the FBI!

As per new evilbay rules, you cannot leave a negative to a buyer, you cannot suspend anyone as that is their decision and I'd sure like to hear the conversation between him and the FBI reporting a non paying buyer!! That conversation would last all of 10 seconds for them to say "goodbye"! Nice try anyhow and virtually nothing is really selling to speak of at this time.

PS, I like that jedo1507r: "Federal Bureau of Indextrons"! Yeah, report him to that bureau!

BTW, I wasn't aware that you could refurbish one to "like new". For $1000, it had better sing and dance like the Warner Brothers frog.

Sandy G
05-11-2009, 10:13 AM
This Beauzeau sure does have a high opinion of hisself & his Indexatron, don't he ?!? Sheesh...

jedo1507r
05-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Federal Bureau of Indextrons? :D

site123a
05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
ebay ad> It was also fully refurbished, repaired into new condition, professionally serviced by Andy Cuffe, a frequent member at audiokarma.org...

So it's someone in the AK family who put this up, but who... *cough waltchan*

jlw37663
05-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Look at the other two items this seller has. Gasp!

julianburke
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I looked at his other two items and he is way off base on those. He says nothing compares to the sound quality etc etc etc. A 20 year old stereo and nothing compares to it???
It's nice to find NIB stuff BUT how many times have I been to church rummage sales and found VCR's etc in their original box with all packing, books and in mint original and NEW working condition for $5? Passed up a Sony just like that last week.

I did however and 3 weeks ago pick up at a yard sale a "new" little 10" Funai/Symphonic/Magnavox combo VCR for $5! Yup, it works perfect and I go through my tapes to find out what I have with no hassle of hooking up a "real" VCR of which I hardly ever use anymore. EVERY yard sale is pretty much guaranteed VCR's and TV's and they will be increasingly MORE common in the months to come and they are all but throwaway now. Even the mexicans don't pay any attention to them anymore.

$1500 for any VCR is outrageous. I'll bet he didn't pay over $30 for it as well.

waltchan
05-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Replying to the first post, I put the listing $1,000 --- OR BEST OFFER. I have no intention in selling it for $1,000. It sold on May 16 for a reasonable best offer of $750 to a AK member that we agreed.

yagosaga
05-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Hello,

the Indextron is made to Germany. I have taken it, and I hope that it will arrive safely here. I hope that there is no reason to speculate anymore.

Kind regards,
Eckhard

Sandy G
05-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Let us know how it goes, Eckhard !