View Full Version : Panasonic 34 pin VTR remote compatibility?

dr.ido
04-23-2009, 09:39 AM
A bit off topic, but I doubt I'm the only one here still using VHS at least some of the time (sometimes I'll gladly trade a loss in resolution for a picture free of compression artifacts, blocks and banding).

Are Panasonic 34 pin VTR remotes interchangable between different decks?

There are a couple of battered old Panasonic top loading decks (I forgot to note the model number) at the local junk auction. The decks themselves are pretty useless to me (linear stereo, NTSC), but if the remotes will work on my AG-7750 S-VHS deck they could be useful. The standard rew-play-ff-stop record controller appears to just be some switches wired to apppropriate pins, so it should be okay. It's the search controller with the number pad entry and led displays I'm not so sure about.

Normally I'd just grab them anyway and work out it later (few people there are interested in VHS at all let alone a top loader with a wired remote). Unfortunately these belong a vendor who proudly claimed he had something "from channel 9 or was it channel 7, well some TV station anyway", so he probably wants more than the average VCR goes for.