View Full Version : Lectrotech Oscilloscope For $2.50!

zenithfan1
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
I went to value Village in Racine on Saturday and was surprised to find this. A Lectrotech model TO-50 Oscilloscope. It was marked 5 bucks as is because they didn't know what it was! There were crappy broken '90s tvs for 20 bucks! And this for 2.50... who am I to argue with that! It's filthy and has been sitting but only has a few scratches on the back, nothing major. I've started cleaning it up and will post another pic when I'm done. They thought it was broken I think, it was on Vectorscope mode and only showed a dot in the screen, I put it back in O'scope mode and adjusted the CRT controls and obtained a sharp trace on it. This thing is transistorized and my current scope is a tube Eico DC wide band 460. I like this one better. It also has the inputs for the color signals in the back. I would guess it is from about '74. I have not seen one of these before, is it a good performer? Seems to have made it though the years intact. Still has the original probe too, looks like it sat more than it was used.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/zenithfan1/100_3239.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/zenithfan1/100_3240.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/zenithfan1/100_3241.jpg

mbates14
08-26-2008, 12:08 PM
well nice thing about a vectorscope, you can use them for testing vector graphics output on old 80s arcade game boards. (if your servicing the board with no monitor).

As it would display the graphics on the scope screen as if it were a monitor.

zenithfan1
08-26-2008, 02:03 PM
well nice thing about a vectorscope, you can use them for testing vector graphics output on old 80s arcade game boards. (if your servicing the board with no monitor).

As it would display the graphics on the scope screen as if it were a monitor.

COOL! Good to know! Thanks:D

zenith2134
09-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice scope! I wish I had access to an XY/Vector arcade game, if only to admire the 'non-raster-scan' process which is video art to me.

They are getting rarer by the day.....I haven't seen a working vector game in a very long time!

Sandy G
09-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Kewl score ! And the price couldn't be beat !

Findm-Keepm
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Very nice score, indeed. Very few vintage scopes had triggered sweep and a vectorscope option - RCA did on one model, and one or two others. Did you get any vectorscope graticules/scales/overlays?

Cheers,

zenithfan1
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Very nice score, indeed. Very few vintage scopes had triggered sweep and a vectorscope option - RCA did on one model, and one or two others. Did you get any vectorscope graticules/scales/overlays?

Cheers,

Nope, this is all that came with it. Last night the thing went up in smoke:thumbsdn: due to a failed 'lytic in the power supply. I figured this might happen. It should work fine after a recap.

JohnAdams
09-04-2008, 09:31 PM
The shop I worked for bought one of the first Vectorscopes around 1967. It proved to be very useful in peaking the color alignment or showed you if the "proper" patern was "off" for one of the colors.

Keefla
09-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Nice scope! I wish I had access to an XY/Vector arcade game, if only to admire the 'non-raster-scan' process which is video art to me.

They are getting rarer by the day.....I haven't seen a working vector game in a very long time!

a good friend of mine had a "vetrex" game system he bought new. he had all the gadgets with it too- light pen, 3d glasses, you name it. it was pretty cool i thought but the flickering graphics make it a little tough to play for long periods of time, and they got worse as the graphics on the screen got more complex. got hit by lightning about 97 or 98 thow, he still has it but it no longer works.

shimniok
09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, that is a heck of a low price to pay for a scope that works... too cool!

Rental Limo
09-09-2008, 12:19 PM
(Rental Limo shakes his head to think again!) I cannot believe you got that thing for what small sum you paid at that particular Value Village store. That particuclar store is priced outragous! They price used vaccum cleaners at 30 dollars when my Value Village sells them for 5. About 3 weeks ago i picked up a Sansui 9090 reciever for 10 dollars which was a steal!