View Full Version : Happy Ending

joeseattle70
07-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi guys - just wanted to let you know I found a great repair shop in Seattle who looked at my CTC-44A chassis console tv late last week. He disassembled the convergence board and resoldered, replaced ALL of the diodes - none of them were any good - and also replaced a transistor on the chassis which was not ok. He also did some resoldering on the chassis as well. You should see the picture now!!!! I am most pleased at how crisp and bright the picture is - he said for a rebuilt tube, it was a very good one - he felt the picture probably wasn't much better when it was brand new - he's been in the business for 40+ years. If any of you in this area need a good repair shop, let me know! Thanks again for all of your advice - it's great to have it up and going again!! He was surprised at how good the set was in overall - and most of all, he had fun doing it too - he said its been ages since one of these sets have been in the shop. Joe

Tony V
07-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Glad to hear the good news Joe! I bet your glad you didnt give it away now. Hopefully it will give you a few more years of enjoyment now that its repaired. Your lucky that you found a tv tech that still worked on these as their a rare breed these days.
-Tony

Sandy G
07-30-2008, 05:19 AM
Good for you, & thanks for saving another old veteran !