View Full Version : 1953-1995 Japanesee tv sets for the Japanesse market

Telecolor 3007
07-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, where I can find some pictures of 1965-1995 Japanesee tv sets made for Japenesse market? (besides those displayed at www.tvhistory.tv )?

jhalphen
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello TeleColor,

Years ago, pocket TV Guru Frank G. of Germany gave me a link to a fabulous collection of Japanese domestic small-screen TVs.

Frank's World-Class pocket TV site (English Summary):

http://www.taschenfernseher.de/index-e.htm

This is the original link to the Japanese site, it's been DEAD for years.

http://f2.aaa.livedoor.jp/~tomsouya/tv_index.html

However, i did capture all of the 500+ pictures for my TV identification database before the site vanished. I will gladly send it to you, but you must keep it for your own enjoyment and NOT distribute all over the place, as all attempts at contacting the site's owner to get permission resulted in failure.

The ZIP file is 12Mb, can your Mailbox accept this?
if not, what is your max "in" capacity in Mb?
Of course, give me your E-Mail address via PM.

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France

Telecolor 3007
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
No more pics?

wa2ise
08-23-2008, 12:59 AM
No pics, but when I was in Japan for a week or so, back in 1995 on business doing some work for Mitsubishi, I did see some widescreen CRT sets. 3 by 5 instead of 4 by 3 aspect ratio, although the signal was in an aspect ratio of 4 by 3, regular NTSC. The sets just stretched the left quarter area of the image, and the right quarter area of the image to fake it into wide screen. I don't think that this looked all that great.

These sets were about 60cm wide.

Telecolor 3007
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
:worthless:

AndrewM
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
With the exception of a few specific sites, I think finding pictures of any TV's in general is quite difficult. Thanks to the efforts of a few collectors to make images of sets they own available on the internet, we can see some now rare models of TV's.

Japanese sets (and other Asian countries) will be even harder because any sites will be in a foreign text and will not be easily searched by Google (and equivalents) unless you can search in the native language.

Telecolor 3007
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't know Japanese... but I will learn one day (I want so).

electroking
05-08-2009, 01:32 PM
No pics, but when I was in Japan for a week or so, back in 1995 on business doing some work for Mitsubishi, I did see some widescreen CRT sets. 3 by 5 instead of 4 by 3 aspect ratio, although the signal was in an aspect ratio of 4 by 3, regular NTSC. The sets just stretched the left quarter area of the image, and the right quarter area of the image to fake it into wide screen. I don't think that this looked all that great.

These sets were about 60cm wide.

This will compete with 'electronically re-channelled to simulate stereo'
when the tally of worthless inventions is compiled...