View Full Version : Felix & Oscar's TV set on 'The Odd Couple'

zenith2134
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
So, who can guess which brand/year the set they had was? I guess it was a '72/ '73, definitely color, and I have no idea what brand it was.

I'm pretty sure they used the same TV throughout the whole series run.

kx250rider
07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Admiral, if it's the same one I remember seeing. It was one of those 19" metal-cased table models.

Charles

colortrakker
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I'll second Admiral...for both of the ones they used. They had what I think was a 23" in the first two seasons, then switched to a 25" around maybe '73.

I remember The Brady Bunch also had an Admiral, maybe a little smaller than the Odd Couple's. I wonder if someone at ABC or Paramount had something to do with that.

JB5pro
07-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I'll second Admiral...for both of the ones they used. They had what I think was a 23" in the first two seasons, then switched to a 25" around maybe '73.

I remember The Brady Bunch also had an Admiral, maybe a little smaller than the Odd Couple's. I wonder if someone at ABC or Paramount had something to do with that.

The odd couple was a great show. Felix was a great role model!
The Brady Bunch may have had an Admiral but I remember clearly an 18" or 20" remote control Zenith from about '69 or '70 on a TV stand in the room behind the kitchen. That is a model I want to obtain in the 18" non remote in a white vinyl cabinet. If someone has one I'll pay a handsome price for it. I bet I get no response. Boohoo.

kx250rider
07-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Felix was a great role model!

I used to get teased in school by being compared to Felix :nono: . I'm a clean freak, I guess.

Charles